This reading challenge, hosted by Austine & Katie @ NovelKnight, is all about knocking off those older books from your to-read list. Any genre, any format, any length. So, here goes nothing, I’m going to try and do this one in 2021, and play catch-up with all those books that are forlornly being left behind.
The official challenge tags are: #BeatTheBacklist #BeatTheBacklist2021 #BTB2021
- The book must have been published in 2020 or earlier to count. It can be in any format (including an ARC/eARC) as long as the release date is 2020 or earlier (i.e. 2021 releases are not allowed).
- You have to start and finish the book in 2021 to count it. Any books started in 2020 and finished in 2021 do not count. Any books started in 2021 and finished in 2022 also do not count.
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
How to Join:
- POST your backlist TBR for the year somewhere online! This can be in the form of a blog post, instagram photo caption, Twitter thread, Goodreads shelf, YouTube video, whatever works for you! You are NOT locked into these books, it’s just something to get you started! Make sure to share a link to this page somewhere in your post so others can find the challenge!
- SIGN UP is not required this year! Just go to the site and grab your tools to create your challenge.
- READ backlist books and knock them off your TBR!
- SHARE your updates on social media!
My TBR list is:
- DEAD STOP by Barbara Nickless
- IN PLAIN SIGHT by Marion Todd
- DEEP DIRTY TRUTH by Steph Broadribb
- SLOW HORSES by Mick Herron
- SIX YEARS by Harlan Coben
- CAUGHT by Harlan Coben
- NO SECOND CHANCE by Harlan Coben
- THE ALICE NETWORK by Kate Quinn
- SALVATION STATION by Kathryn Schleich
- US AGAINST YOU by Fredrik Backman
There might be other books to add to this list but, for now, 10 is my challenge, given everything else I want to read—especially a ton of new releases coming out in 2021.
Oh, and if you need them, there are a selection of Challenge Tools available as well!