I’m following in the footsteps of the very talented Margot over at, Confessions of a mystery novelist, who took up challenge by FitfulFearfulPhantasmal, to write a piece of Flash Fiction as a list of contents. My thanks to both for the inspiration.
Here’s what I came up with.
This is the official list of catalogued items found floating in the engine room aboard the Daedalus Space Station, by rescue workers. What has happened to missing engineer, Lt. Tony Cho.
Main Engine Room:
1. Left glove of EXO suit
2. Acetylene torch and 4 mini gas canister (empty)
3. A single large feather
4. Re-breather mask (damaged)
5. Empty lead-lined class 4 container
6. Roll of fine tungsten steel cord
7. One Goddard magnetized plate
8. One Pistol-Grip spatial screwdriver
9. One ratchet trick tool
10. One ceramic cupeling container
11. Four partial teeth: human
12. One well-worn classic novel, 3 pages missing
13. One broken yellow pencil
14. Empty packet of wriggles gum
Missing from Engine Room:
1. Two tungsten steel panels 4 x 4
2. Two tungsten steel panels 6 x 6
3. Thirty feet of coolant tubing
4. Four coupling links and the primary coolant tank
5. Coolant attachment locks
6. Emergency EVAC suit
7. Primary coolant circuit board
8. Anderson coupling links and piping
9. Fire suppression unit and blanket
I know in my mind what happened, so, what do you think happened?