This week our topic for discussion set by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl is, Books I Read Because Someone Recommended Them To Me … which in and of itself, might be a left over from last week’s challenge, Long Titles!
While I’ve read a couple of books recently that were, in a way, recommended to me by people on twitter—I have also read at least 3 or 4 books that someone has recommended to me via the comments after reading a really positive review. Those have turned out to be some of the best reads as well. Because, by then, you have at least read their review and already know what you’re letting yourself in for.
My thanks to Jake from over at Jake is Reading, Ollie at Infinite Speculations, and Jo from Blue Mood Cafe, for providing me with lots of inspiration and some really great suggestions these last few months.
On the list are:
- THE PHLEBOTOMIST (SF) — by Chris Panatier
- CAPTAIN MOXLEY AND THE EMBERS OF EMPIRE (Fantasy) — by Dan Hanks
- VELOCITY WEAPON (SF) — by Megan O’Keefe
- WE RIDE THE STORM (Fantasy) — by Devin Madson
- BLOOD ON THE TRACKS (Crime) — by Barbara Nickless
- OVERKILL (Crime) — by Vanda Symon
- IN THE DARK SPACES (SF) — Cally Black
- THE LAST SMILE IN SUNDER CITY (Fantasy) — by Luke Arnold
- RACE THE SANDS (Fantasy) — by Sarah Beth Durst
- THE SOUTHERN BOOK CLUB’S GUIDE TO SLAYING VAMPIRES (Horror) — by Grady Hendrix (on the TBR)
So, there you have my list. What about you, have you had any really good recommendations lately and if so, what where they?