This is a challenge I came across a couple of years ago, over on Twitter, which is run by a friend—fantasy author, Dan Hanks. And, as the title suggests, is all about tackling our TBR piles throughout the month of October. I know there are a few challenges happening this coming month but I’ve decided to try do this one as my current TBR is, well, to put it mildly falling off the coffee table.
If you want to know more, hop on over to the OcTBR Challenge blog and check out the details.
And what is my target for October? To try and read at least 5 books from my TBR, in October’s 31 days. And you, will you join in the challenge?
It’s official… I’ve turned the heating on.
There was no getting away with it today. It’s twelve (12) degrees out there. TWELVE! Just a couple of weeks ago it was 30 plus and we were still walking around in shorts and tee shirts. But now?
I have my jeans on for the first time since last winter, and yes, I’m wearing a blouse and tee combo. I haven’t quite broken out the cardigan… yet. The weather has definitely turned toward the cooler side and yes, when I looked out the window this morning after opening the curtains, there they were. Yellow and brown tinged leaves.
I think my hands flew to my face in a mock The Scream. Is there really only a week or so of September left? Which means October will be here and everyone’s going to be talking about fantasy books, their next spooky reads, halloween, and the dreaded pumpkin spiced latte (again).
I guess that means the summer is over and it’s official, autumn is here and it’s time to change out my clothes for something warmer, and start thinking about when the snow’s coming. Which, by the way, is usually mid-October in these parts.
sigh… okay, I give, where’s the pumpkin spiced latte?
Bonjour tout la monde, today’s Top Ten Tuesday from Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl is about what Books are on our Fall 2022 To-Read List. And, eh, well, while I have hundreds listed on my Wish List, I haven’t actually gotten around to choosing what to put on my Fall TBR list as I’m still trying to work my way through my current TBR Pile on the coffee table. But, hypothetically, here’s what I’m going with, a lot of murder and mystery.
- COLD, COLD BONES by Kathy Reichs
- DEATH IN THE SUNSHINE by Steph Broadribb
- THE MARLOW MURDER CLUB by Robert Thorogood
- AN ELDERLY LADY IS UP TO NO GOOD by Helene Tursten
- THOSE WHO PERISH by Emma Viskic
- THE OMEGA FACTOR by Steve Berry
- THE DARK OF NIGHT by Barbara Nickless
- BACK TO THE GARDEN by Laurie R. King
- A WORLD OF CURIOSITIES by Louise Penny
- OVERBOARD by Sara Paretsky
And you, what books made it onto your Fall reading list?
Bonjour tout la monde, today’s Top Ten Tuesday from Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl is Books with Geographical Terms in the Title. And, as someone who loves geography, geology and, science in general, of course I’ve found 10 books to share with you:
- BONE CANYON by Lee Goldberg
- LOST HILLS by Lee Goldberg
- RESURRECTION BAY by Emma Viskic
- A KILLING IN THE HILLS by Julia Keller
- CHALK PIT by Elly Griffiths
- THE DARK LAKE by Sarah Bailey
- THE CITY OF BRASS by SA Chakraborty
- JADE CITY by Fonda Lee
- DEATH ON THE NILE by Agatha Christie
- THE LAST HOUSE ON NEEDLESS STREET by Catriona Ward
And you, what books made it onto your list today?